Error code 30088-28 when installing Office
Getting error 30088-28 along with "Something went wrong” message when installing Office on your computer isn’t fun and trying to fix the problem can be frustrating. To help determine the steps you’ll need to take, check the bottom of the message for an error code.
If there’s a different error code, or, if the install error message is different, go to the Other Office install errorssection in this article.
Fix install error code 30088-28
Error 30088-28 can occur if your malware software or your firewall is interfering with the Office install. Proxy settings on your computer can also cause this problem.
Temporarily turn off the firewall
Turn off the firewall on your computer, install Office and turn the firewall back on.
On a Windows 8 or 8.1 PC, follow these steps to turn Windows Firewall off and on.
On a Windows 7 PC, follow these steps to turn Windows Firewall off and on.
If you’re using a firewall from another manufacturer, visit their website for information on how to temporarily disable the firewall.
Installation of an Office Program:-
1. Sign in to Office 365 with your Office user ID.
2. At the top right of the page, click Settings > Office 365 Settings.
3. Click Software.
4. On the Office page, select a Language, and then click Install.
Repairing an Office program:-
Repair Office 365
Windows 8 / Windows 8.1
1. Press the Windows logo key and the letter R to launch the Run window.
2. Enter the command “control” and the hit Enter.
3. Then, select Programs and Features.
4. Now, scroll and select the Office product and click Change at the top of the Window.
1. Click on Start menu and then select Control Panel.
2. Launch Programs and then click on Programs and Features.
3. Now, scroll and select the Office product and click Change at the top of the Window.
4. Then, click on Quick Repair and wait till the Office program is repaired.
Click the Office program you want to repair, and then click Change
In Office 2013, click either Quick Repair or Online Repair
Click on close and use Office Application