Windows update Error code 0xC1900101
Error Code: 0xC1900101
This error occurs when the Windows Update services or components are corrupt.
It is required to fix the Windows Updates components and services related to the error code 0xC1900101 not installing to fix this issue. Please follow the below steps to resolve the error code.
Check whether the services are running
To check whether the services are running, follow these steps for your version of Windows.
1. On the Start screen, type Control Panel. Alternatively, swipe in from the right, tap or click Search, and then type Control Panel.
2. In the Search Control Panel box, type services.
3. Click View local services.
4. Make sure that the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" service is running.
5. Make sure that the "Windows Update" service is running.
Windows 7 and earlier versions
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Administrative Tools.
3. On the toolbar near the top of the Administrative Tools window, click the icon for the viewing options list, and then click Large Icons.
4. Double-click Services.
5. Make sure that the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" service is running.
6. Make sure that the "Windows Update" service is running.
Run the Windows Update
• On the ‘Start’ screen move your mouse cursor over to the bottom right hand side of the screen.
• This will display a sidebar with a list of options. Select ‘Search’
• A screen will appear with all your installed apps, select ‘Control Panel’ from the ‘Windows System’ list.
• When the Control panel loads select ‘System and Security’
• Then select ‘Check for Updates’ (this can be found in the Windows Update section.
• Then select ‘Check for Updates’
• Windows will start searching for updates.
• Once Windows has finished searching for updates, a button will appear giving you the option to update. Press this, Windows will then install all the important updates. Your computer might need to restart during this process.
• If you’re still having issues running your Windows-8-compatible game after updating, it’s recommend you check for Windows Updates again as some updates are needed before other updates become available.